The Fight Between Fear and Faith

I'm at war with myself.... Like always. The war that takes place where only I can see. In my mind. Away from everyone's  eyes and ears my mind draws a battle line where soldiers come and fight.

On one side is Fear. He's big and strong, a mighty warrior with lots of battle experience. He strikes terror into those who would be brave enough to face him. He seldom loses.

On the other side is Faith. She is fragile and weak from exhaustion. She always fights to survive whether it is starvation, or thirst, or soldiers like this one in front of her. She has many wounds, arrows of doubt pierce her skin making her bleed.

They stand in a face off neither one moving. Fear sure he has the upper hand. But there is something special about Faith. Something in her eyes. She will not give up. Though Fear slay her a thousand times she rises again. I've watched her do it.

And so the battle rages. At times it looks like no one will win. Just when you think Faith is going to lose... Jesus is there and he fights for her. Wiping out all Fear. 

The thing is that this battle takes place many times, sometimes more than once a day. It takes place in the mind where no one knows about it. It sometimes consumes everything that I'm doing. I have to admit - Fear wins more often than I'd like to admit and its simply because I forget the only one who can fight for Faith. That is the one who gave her to me.

Jesus..... Would you fight for my faith? Would you help me to believe when everything around me is telling me to quit? Would you give me the strength to trust you and follow you when its hard? Will you help me see what your doing right now in my life? Will you come in and save the day the way only you can? Thank you for already seeing me and knowing me. For loving me and providing for me. For taking care of me even when my fear is bigger than my faith.

Comments

Popular Posts