Eyes to See

I read something today that opened my eyes. Dr. Stanley wrote "We just need eyes to see beneath the surface and the faith to believe that He is working." The surface of our circumstances sometimes look hopeless. When I am in the middle of a problem or situation, I can't ever seem to move past the top layer of the issue. My feelings get hurt and I begin to strike back, without even thinking "Why are they acting this way? What have I done to offend them?". Ultimately, God has a plan for you and a plan for me... He knows what He is doing and He doesn't make mistakes. When we can look past the outward appearance of the situation, He gives us the ability to see how He is working!

I was thinking today as I was sitting with my family playing cards, we even need eyes to see past the surface of good times. He can help us to see that He is working when we are happy and thankful. Sometimes we let moments pass without truly appreciating what we have or what God is doing, He is always doing something. Seldom do we take the time to thank Him or even acknowledge that it is Him who is working on my behalf.

I guess it is just my prayer that I will have eyes to see....

Comments

Popular Posts