Distracted

I get distracted easily. It's in my nature. I don't have to think about getting distracted it just kind of happens. Let me paint a picture for you.

I can be thinking about the conversation that I'm having then overhear someone say a word and forget everything about the conversation that I was having. It's the most embarrassing thing when I have to ask customer on the phone to repeat their question for the third time.

I am easily distracted.

The problem is that I'm easily distracted when it comes to spiritual matters as well. But it seems like it's for the right reasons! It seems like I'm being distracted in a good way.

Lord, help this person do that!
Lord, help this problem at work!
Lord, go over here and do this!
Lord, go over here and do that!

But the problem is that isn't where Jesus is. I get so caught up in the problems and circumstances of my life around me that I don't see where Jesus is at work. The most of the time he's at work right inside of my heart.

I love and hate that verse that talks about  the speck in your brother's eye and the plank in your own eye. I love it because it's me all the time me who has a great plank in my eye when I see the speck in others.

I hate it because it's me! It's me!

That needs to change and needs to grow to become more like Jesus. I get so distracted by the speck, so distracted by the smallest part of whatever the problem is, that I missed Jesus at work in my life.

I miss the real battle.

I fight so hard to overcome problems and situations in my life.  Bur it's the wrong fight to fight because the real fight I need to be fighting is following Jesus wherever he is. Going wherever he leads me. Accepting things from his hand and being okay with certain situations not being resolved.

Because what matter most is where he's at. What he's doing, not what I think is important to do or say.

Sigh

Now Lord let this truth sink down from my head into my heart so I can stop being distracted by things that don't matter. Help me to fight battles that matter. Help me to see you where you are. Help me Lord to be focused on finding you and every situation.

Comments

Popular Posts