VICTORY

Today the Lord told me that it is going to be a day of victory.

Can I be honest?

I don't feel very victorious right now. I feel the opposit. But, how can that be? Really simple answer...

Me.

Even though when the Lord looks at this day He calls it victorious, I look at it and say "Wow... What a mess!" It's me! I figured it out, I'm the problem! My perspective is so different from Him.

And yet...

When He saw this day, He saw me in it.

He saw me at work.
He saw me at church.
He saw when I forgot the words - and tried to fix it.
He saw when I cried.
He saw when I was afraid.
He saw when I wanted to just go die in a hole because of embarrassment.

He saw it all.

Get this - BEFORE it happened.

And He still called the day - a day of victory.

wow.

I am so in awe of this fact right now. Something you may not know is that I just write these posts and publish them - Sometimes I'm figuring out what the Lord is teaching me as I go along. (Like right now...) He saw the whole day and He said that it would be a day of victory. That must mean that despite what it looked like to me, all the failures and mess ups - it was a good day.

And maybe, just maybe - that victory was inside of me - right now in this moment.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks Jesus for the victorious day. It was good.

Comments

Popular Posts