Lap Child

I'm on a plane currently. Since my traumatic stay overnight in the Minneapolis airport me and flying haven't really gotten along.

I hate it.

The whole process just freaks me out. Getting through security, (I'm always pulled out of the line, my things are looked through, it doesn't feel random anymore..lol) waiting for boarding, boarding, take off, in the air, landing, getting odd the plane, finding whoever is picking me up... All of it. It all freaks me out.

Just now the flight attendant told parents if they have a lap child to make sure they are on one of their parents laps. I realized something.

That's me.

I'm a lap child!

My heavenly Father picks me up right where I am and puts me on His lap. He holds me as we take off and land. He whispers reassuring words as I am afraid. He tells me how long until I can get off. Overall, He just loves on me while I am afraid.

I'm listening to "You Don't Miss A Thing" by Bethel. Its so true. He sees me even here. He knows when I am afraid. He feels the anxious heartbeats. He cares.

That's awesome.

I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that I am a lap child. That my Daddy is here with me as I fly. I'm overwhelmed.

Comments

Popular Posts