Stuck

I've been feeling stuck lately. Nothing I do seems to help get me out of this place. Fear crowds in around me until I have a panic attack. I start to hyperventilate, my heart beats faster, and my head spins. I can't think straight. But I am learning in the chaos, to focus my eyes on the only steady thing in my world... Jesus. He is the only one who can truly satisfy my every longing, or calm my heart. He reaches out to me, even when I am unreachable by the worlds standards and pulls me back in. He is so good. He is so kind. He is.

I recognize that He is the only one who can save me from my biggest enemy.... myself. There are lies that are constantly looping in my mind. "You are a failure." "You have no purpose." "No one really cares about you." "Your life is meaningless." All of these are untrue. I am not a failure because Jesus makes me a success.
Jude 1:24-25
To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

 I do have a purpose, Jesus has a calling on my life that is bigger than me right now.
Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

 Someone does care about me, Jesus Christ, the son of God, loves me.
Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 

I have meaning because the King of Kings declares my worth. Take that lies!
Matthew 6:25-34
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

All of these lies induce fear, they make us afraid that our life on earth won't count for anything. Don't fall into it! They rob you of joy the belongs to you. They rob you of peace, and a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Maybe, these lies are speaking to you right now, just like they have been speaking to me. Realize that you have worth, you are important, you have a purpose, your life has meaning and Jesus, the Son of God, loves you. He can't stop thinking about you, everyday you are on his mind. He loves you so much. Sometimes I think we say it too much, that God loves us, because we become callous to it and shrug it off instead of realizing the gravity of that sentence.
God, the most High King, Lord of Lords, Ruler of the Universe loves and cares about you. He cares what happens to you. You matter to Him. You matter. I matter.

Comments

Popular Posts