Gifts for a King

Our family has been doing things for Christmas for the last 25 days. We made cookies, decorated a tree, put up snowflakes on the windows of our house, made rice crispy treat Christmas trees, watched more Christmas movies than you can count and that's not even close to being everything that we did. It's been a lot of fun. But as I was out with my family at the beach participating in a beach snow day (because we don't have any snow...haha) I was thinking about how great it was that we were all together for Jesus' birthday. His birthday?!? Then I had this horrible thought "We are only 3 days away and I didn't get you anything for his birthday!"

How many years have I gone without even caring that on the King of King's birthday I've never gotten him anything? I've never even asked what he wanted on this birthday. What he wanted from me.... I'm sure he has lists like each of us do at Christmas time and I wonder how many people have actually taken the time to learn what he wants this year for his birthday. It turns out he doesn't want that much, for us to love people, for us to follow his commands, for us to love him - I don't know about you but more than anything I don't want to forget him again this year.

Merry Christmas! I hope your day is wonderful!

Comments

Popular Posts