Verse of the Week! (Its back!): Comforter

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3‭-‬4 ESV

I don't know about you but I could really use a hug. Like a big one from my dad or my pastor. I always feel safe and loved when my dad wraps his arms around me and I can stat there as long as I want.

Comfort.

I know this is the verse of the day on the Bible app but it couldn't be more appropriate for my life right now. Let's look at it shall we?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, - first of all how many times a day do we just stop and bless God? Just pause in our busy lives and look up for one second and thank him? Not enough. Never enough!

the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, - Mercy and Comfort. Mercy, compassion when punishment is required. Comfort, solace in lonely place. Beautiful. Father God is Lord of all mercy and comfort! Praise the Lord!

Who comforts us in our affliction, - I can't tell you how many times the Lord has comforted me. How many times in my weakest moment He has lifted me from my sorrows and given me His joy! It comes through gentle reminders and His word. Songs and people encouraging me when I need it so desperately.

So that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.- What a great honor to be able to comfort God's children, using the same comfort that he has given to me. That is amazing.

So today let me encourage you with the comfort that God has given me today... Jesus always wins no matter what battle, struggle, or insecurity.

Jesus wins.

Always. 

Comments

Popular Posts