Life doesn't have a say

Do you ever walk around your house a little bit afraid that you will step into a rat trap? One that has not just killed one rat but two? That is my life.

Are you ever afraid of the mold growing in your kitchen? Because not only has it grown in the sink but it is also in the refrigerator and the pantry because you can't possibly eat a whole loaf of bread? That is my life.

Do you live in constant fear of messing up or not being good enough? Because you have never been perfect? That is my life.

Are you horrible at regular chores? And it's not because you don't want to do the laundry or dishes it's just that you can't do them? That is my life.

But it doesn't have to be.

Because I have a God who sees me when my feet hit the floor. He knows where the rat traps are and he keep me safe. He makes sure they stay out of my house. He knows there is mold in my kitchen, he helps me see it before I consume the old food. He provides me with the money to replace it if necessary-  sometimes we just don't get bread. My Jesus is so personal that he knows that I'm afraid and goes out of his way to reassure me in my job, at church, with my family. He takes the time to teach me about my self worth and tells me I'm beautiful all the time. He understands I'm not a clean person, he knows I have a hard time. And instead of chastising me , like I would, he simply says, "Darling lets do this together." Because he knows that I struggle. Yes my "life" slows me down, but I don't have to let it stop me from living for Jesus. I don't have to let "life" stop me from doing what he's called me to do. It doesn't have to dictate to me how I live or what I do, because ultimately Jesus is on the throne and "life" doesn't have a say.

Comments

Popular Posts