Verse of the Week: Straight Paths


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, 
and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

When I was little my mom had me memorize this verse. We would sit on the couch and hold a little book with a strawberry on the front and memorize verses and this was one of them. I knew this verse so well that I would just rattle it off - but I never stopped to look at the words and the meaning to the words I was just saying. 

Lately the Lord has been teaching me to live in today. What does that mean? I'm glad you asked. It means not trying to see my life as a whole, but focusing and drawing strength from the Lord for today. It means going to him everyday and saying "Lord what is thy will for today? How can I serve you today?" It means meeting with him in the morning and asking "What is my portion today?" When I do this - life becomes simple because I am just doing what he has called me to do. I am simply saying that I trust him with today - and suddenly it becomes enough. 

That's what this verse is talking about. If I trust him - really trust him, then he is going to make everything work out - and I won't have to guess which way to go because he will be calling me. He is amazing and I know that as I continue to trust him each day that he will be faithful to answer the call he has on my life. I don't have to worry about today or tomorrow because I know he holds everything in his hands! Amazing. Guys - this truth is amazing. 

Comments

Popular Posts