Verse of the Week: Weary

I never realized how many people read the verse of the week. I'm truly sorry for not posting it every week. I broke a beautiful streak - and for that I appologize!



I have to say that I am weary.... I am weary of a world that continually tells me it's okay to live in a way that dishonors God. I am weary of people who promise to do things and don't. I'm weary of pretending that everything is okay and I'm okay. I'm weary of trying to figure out my life. But this verse holds a very special promise. It says that if I come to Jesus he will give me rest. He will come into my life and cause me to have peace enough to sleep. Peace enough to finish work that stresses me out. Peace enough to believe that everything will be fine. If I really believe that Jesus is who he says he is then I can believe that he is big enough and strong enough to give me the spiritual and emotional rest that I need. I don't have to have my life together because Jesus is big enough to hold me. He is enough to make everything okay. So I can rest.

Comments

Popular Posts