Happy Valentines Day!


Happy Valentines day everyone!! :) Today is the one day of the year that we completely devote to love. It is the day that a lot of people dread, because while their friends are receiving roses and chocolates they know they won't get anything. But is today really about getting? Shouldn't it be more about giving love than receiving it?

I found myself this morning while I was still lying in bed asking the Lord to show me today that He loves me. Almost as soon as I asked, it hit me. He already proved his undying devotion to me 2,000 years ago when He choose to die, knowing it was the only way that I could be reunited with Him in 2006. Then it seemed like all the times that the Lord has done things for me, it was like He whispered every single time "Charissa, I love you." And I realized that I spent so much time trying to feel complete or loved, that I missed every time when the Lover of my soul was displaying His love for me.

So I have started to keep track, this morning I wrote down everything that I remember that the Lord did for me yesterday. My new goal is to recognize (with the Lord's help) the different times He takes care of me. I know I won't do it all the time but I pray that I won't forget it. I pray that He will always remind me of Valentines Day 2014.  Let me tell you, I am so much happier thinking about how the Lord loves me than thinking about not having any friends. Haha You  probably already knew that but I just thought I should tell you again :)


I hope you have a fantastic Valentines day! :)

Comments

Popular Posts