Clothes :P

Today someone commented on my shorts and the length. To tell you the truth I was offended. They are not ultra short and they go to the end of my finger tip but this person just wanted to make sure that they were long enough. I could tell they were uncomfortable with approaching me - so I just want to say that now that I have had time to think through it - Thank you.  Thank you for caring about me enough to not want people to think I was being immodest and saying something. You gave me the opportunity to know so that I could change if I so desired. I would rather know about things before hand then to get to the event and find out I had made a mistake and they really were too short. So I thank you.

On the other hand - I know that Jesus sees my heart and that I ultimate desire is to please him with my life. Do I feel that he is displeased when I wear my a little too short shorts? No. I don't. I think that he sees my heart and he says "Charissa you are dressed in my love - that's good enough for me." Does he want me to dress appropriately? Yes. And I try to do that so that he can be glorified through my appearance. So I don't have to feel bad for wearing those shorts. Because I do feel a little guilty for thinking they were appropriate when I had to get talked to. But when God looks at me he sees Jesus and that's good enough for him - so that's good enough for me.


Comments

Popular Posts