Verse of the week: 2 verses!

Am I allowed to do two verses for this week??? GREAT! Thanks :) Here they are!

Psalms 34:17-22
Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you.
 If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath.
Disciples so often get into trouble; still, God is there every time.
He's your body guard, shielding every bone; not a finger gets broken.
The wicked commit slow suicide; they waste their lives hating the good.
God pays for each slave's freedom; no one who runs to him loses out.

Ephesians 6:10-12
And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong.
So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials.
And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way.
This is no afternoon athletic contest that we will walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours.
This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the devil and all his angels.
Yesterday was super hard. Like everyone beat up Charissa day!! But the only one who was doing the beating up was me - to myself. I read the Ephesians verse that morning as a part of my devotions and was overwhelmed with the feeling that I had to somehow bring this about in my life. I have to put to good use the weapons God has given me! I have to do more than I have been doing. It became a huge weight that I was carrying around thinking that I had to do something. It was overwhelming. The fear of failure loomed over me and was so strong I didn't think that I would be able to stand under the weight of it. That of course is when Jesus steps in with a verse like Psalms 34:17-22 - which tells me that he's got it all under control. I don't have to worry about anything because He cares for me and He is listening to my cries for help. I love him - I love him so much! I am continually amazed at his ability to speak jut what I need, I don't know why... but it does :)

Comments

Popular Posts