Verse of the Week: Heart Attitude

So I almost forgot to post something today! Oops! But the Lord is gracious to me and helped me remember :)

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance
or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him.
For the Lord sees not as man sees, man looks on the outward appearance,
but the Lord looks at the heart."
1 Samuel 16:7

I have to confess that my heart attitude coming into my classes here in Warrenton wasn't right. But the strange thing is that I didn't know that they were wrong.... I thought I was doing and acting in a way that was pleasing to God. It was awful! For the first two days everything was horrible! I wasn't doing well on my homework - and I didn't know why everything I was doing wasn't good enough. But I realized as I began to study 1 Samuel 16 for my Bible Lesson practicum and prepared a lesson that focused on the heart attitude that I was having a problem. Isn't God awesome how he can speak through things that we already have to do? When I realized that this was an issue - I prayed and the Lord has been super faithful to me in that after that point I was able to do my homework and get good grades on everything that I submitted. God is so faithful! I am so glad that God looks past the way I look on the outside and sees the inside of me - and challenges me to live a life that is pleasing to him. 

Comments

Popular Posts