January Update!


It is time once again to have an update! this month I didn't take very many pictures :) I guess it might be because of the wedding or something. But here is a little of what I did this month!

My office! If you look back to my last January Update you will see that it look completely different! Check that out here!

On the ninth I had a promotional take place in Tallahassee! It went really well - we had about 20 students and are hoping that 10 of them will be summer missionaries with us this summer! 

This is before I shot Jenna's #BringOne video! If you want to see the finished product you can look at our Facebook Page! We are using the videos to help encourage the CYIA students to bring friends this year to training. It has been great to hear the stories of what the Lord has done through people like Jenna who are willing to serve him with their summers :)   


Yay Heartland Chapter! They have been faithfully meeting every month with their CYIA students. This time we played games and had a short devotional and I got to speak about ministry opportunities with some of the new students who came to hangout with us :) 
"Charissa... Why is there a picture of the rat trap???" Good question. I just wanted to let everyone know that it has been almost 5 months since I have seen a rat! Praise the Lord! Living on my own has taught me to be thankful for the little things. 

This is me. I am holding a certificate.... It says that I have been working with CEF of Florida for ONE YEAR! Everybody happy dance with me!! :) I was so excited that I had to take a picture. I made it people! It is a new year with new horizons! I'm excited! 

I was so honored to be able to speak about CYIA at Breakthrough Student Ministries on Wednesday. It was awesome to see how the Lord has used Jason and Danielle to grow the ministry and really reach out to the teenagers. 

While down in Naples I have been in a couple of meetings talking about how to grow the ministry of CYIA in Southwest Florida. It is exciting to see what the Lord is already doing in the lives of the teens here. God is good! 
This is the CRAZY amount of ice cream I consumed yesterday... I just wanted it so badly... It was a bad life choice though - no one needs that much ice cream in one sitting. 


Today's bike ride! We left the house about 6:45 and rode our bikes forever! Toward the end my legs were burning and I didn't think I'd make it all the way home. Haha - just another way that God proved his faithfulness! 


So how is Charissa? I am really good everyone! Thank you for asking :) The last couple of days God has continually pointed out to me his loving faithfulness toward me. In the little things I am able to see the hand of God and be able to thank him for it. God has not abandoned me, he has not left me behind or forgotten his promise - on the contrary he has extended his loving kindness toward me and protected me. He is so good to me!

If you think about it please pray for the last promotional that I have tonight. We are hoping to have 30 students come and hear about CYIA. Expecting great things from this meeting tonight!
Until next month!
Charissa <3

Comments

Popular Posts