New thing! - Verse of the week

Guess what?!? It has been almost a year from the time that I have come to Orlando :) And because of that I thought I would start a new tradition on my blog! YAY me!

We shall call it... Verse of the week!

For the last couple of Mondays I have been writing a new verse on my white board and it has helped me see things the way that Jesus does. So today's verse of the week is:

Jeremiah 29:13 (MSG)
When you come looking for me, you'll find me. 
Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than 
anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."
 God's Decree "I'll turn things around for you.
 I'll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you."
 -God's Decree- "bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile.
 You can count on it."

Now I don't normally read the Message Bible because it is a paraphrase but this verse just speaks to my heart. I especially love the last part that says "You can count on it" because honestly God has never failed to do anything that he promised that he would do! And I also love, love, LOVE that this promise is true for us - That if I seek the Lord with all my heart I will find him. He isn't playing hide-and-seek with me. He isn't trying to disappoint me by being somewhere unreachable. He is waiting to be found - waiting for us to seek him seriously. So he can prove who he is! That to me is awesome :) 

Comments

Popular Posts