Jesus won the War

Yesterday was a hard day. Actually to be more truthful this has been a pretty tough week. My emotions are just CRAZY! And life looks bleak. But God reminded me yesterday - this is war. I was singing in my car the Desert song - and when I got home I spoke out loud to Depression (which I don't do normally) and said "You don't belong here! GET OUT!" Then I opened my front door and pointed to the street "GET OUT!". I'm really surprised that my neighbors don't think that I am absolutely insane.

Then in my room I began to speak to the Satan telling him the same thing and God reminded me of this:


Then I told him "There's no way that you win! You might bring me down today but it doesn't matter because you will never win in my life! Ever!!"

Guys - I lose a lot of battles - every day I lose battles. I say something I shouldn't have. Do something wrong. Don't do something I should be doing. I feel extremely sad when I should be rejoicing in Jesus. I fail at doing so many things - I could actually sit here for a good long while and list all the things that I am not doing that I should be doing, but I won't. Why? because none of those battles matter because ultimately the future is already decided and I can't lose. Jesus has already won the war.

He won it at Calvary. When he submitted himself to the Father and became sin for me. He won the war against sin and death in my life. When he was whipped and put to shame - he paid for all my iniquity. When he died a death of criminals - he became my freedom. Everyone thought because he didn't become a King on earth, or because he died that he lost. Not realizing in the moment that they sentenced him to death they enabled him to have the greatest victory that the world would ever know. But on that third day when he rose - that is the day that Jesus triumphed and won the war over sin and death. He won the war over Depression. Let me say it again. Jesus won the war over depression. So you can't tell me that I've lost! Because when I follow him - I've won.


Comments

Popular Posts