Verse of the Week: Waiting


Isaiah 40:31
but they who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Have you ever felt like you just couldn't wait for something? Like it didn't matter how soon it was coming down the road you needed it right now? For the last couple of days that's how I have acted toward the Lord. I know that I shouldn't have been acting like that because ultimately his timing is best. I do want his best - I already know what my best looks like and it's nothing compared to what God has planned. 

I was laying on my bed last night and thinking how I don't have any goals for my life. There is nothing that I am aspiring to - but as I was thinking this thought out loud it was like the Lord spoke to my heart and said "Without goals you are completely available for me to use however I want." And I realized that that's what following Jesus is all about being completely available to be used by him. So as I wait for direction for my life and for the promises that God has already spoken over my life I will trust him. He has proved that he is worthy of that much and more. So here's to waiting! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts