Ramblings :)

So I really need to talk - but there isn't anyone around right now able to listen to me. Thank you for always being here for me to talk to. I feel like more than anything this blog is therapy for me. :) I apologize in advance for rambling - it just feels like one of those posts.

Today John was talking about the disciples in the storm with Jesus sleeping in the boat - he gave us five lessons that God wants us to take away from that portion of scripture. It really hit home.

In following Jesus - you will - you WILL come into storms, but it's to grow your faith. The reason is to establish you in your trust in Christ. But when you are in the storm you can't see all of that. I was blinded by fear and failure unable to see in front of me and allowing things to come up and smother me. (like depression) And honestly it seems like Jesus is inactive in my troubles - even though I am not fighting alone - i feel all alone. sigh. But through all of that he is still Master of the storm. I guess it was just encouraging to realize that he has not abandoned me - he is still Lord over the storm and I have decided to continue to follow him even if he doesn't intervene in the storm. It's pretty cool.

Thanks for listening to me ramble :)

Comments

Popular Posts